At Abilities, we employ staff members who are dedicated, fully trained and qualified to perform all the responsibilities of working with people with different abilities.
Our team includes staff who are Certified Professionals in the following areas: Employment Specialists, Vocational Evaluation, Passenger Safety and Securement, Electronic Health Record Software Management, Operational Safety and Security, Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work, Behavior Analysis, and Human Resources.
The qualification process includes having been trained in the following: Overview of Developmental Disabilities, Abuse and Neglect, Medication Administration, First Aid, CPR, Crisis Management, and Danielle's Law. Direct Support Staff will be required to complete the Direct Support Professional training program within six months of hire. Previous experience is preferred, and a High School Diploma or GED is required for all staff positions.
Current Available Positions:
Board Certified Behavior Analyst
The Behavior Analyst provides support, coaching, and consultative services to Abilities programs serving individuals who are presenting challenging behaviors. The Behavior Analyst possesses the expertise to develop behavior support plans and recommendations in order to increase adaptive behaviors and skills.
Please send resumes and letters of interest to email@example.com with BCBA as the subject line. Thank you!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop individual Behavior Support Plans as required.
- Supervise, train and monitor direct care staff in the implementation of all Behavior Support Plans.
- Coordinate behavior support plans with residential program staff and DDD staff, as necessary.
- Attend meetings pertaining to behaviorally involved clients (i.e. mini-team meetings, IHP's, behavior support and interdisciplinary team meetings).
- Provide and monitor all necessary documentation required by behavior support programs to include on-site observations, data collection, monitor staff skills to ensure competency, etc.
- Will provide Abilities Behavior Support Committee with reports of their activities.
- Provide consultation for all referrals with behavioral concerns.
- Promote agency programs through public relations, public speaking or attendance at conferences.
- Perform other responsibilities as they relate to the effectiveness and efficiency of the agency at the request of the Director of Program Services.
- Possess ability to supervise, train, and monitor all staff with regards to behaviorally involved consumers
- Attend consultations for referrals and transition students with behavioral concerns.
- Ensure compliance with Department of Developmental Disability regulations pertaining to behavioral concerns (Division Circulars 18, 19, 20, and 34).
- Ability to support all levels of staff through leadership, delegation, collaboration, and training.
- Demonstrate proficient to outstanding communication and comprehension skills.
- Computer skills, i.e. proficient in Word, Excel
- Ability to travel to agency sites and elsewhere as required by meetings.
- Planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Valid driver's NJ or PA license and driving record in good standing.
- Must be certified in all crisis support techniques, First Aid, CPR, and other pertinent trainings.
- Accept varied assignments.
- Must demonstrate ability to diffuse, intervene and manage consumers with aggressive behaviors.
- Must be able to develop effective behavior support plans and understand the different levels.
- Ensure a safe and positive work environment for staff and consumers.
- Must comply with Abilities attendance policy and report to work on a regular basis.
Master's Degree in Human or Social Services, State Board Certification
- 2-4 years working with adults with developmental disabilities who present challenging behaviors.
Experience in day programs preferred
Location: Warren County, multiple sites
Hours: Full-time, 5 days/40 hours per week
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Individual Support Technician III
The Individual Support Technician III (IST-III) provides and coordinates individualized care and resources to youth and others so that they may continue to live in their homes and in the community. In Home supports may include ADL training, housekeeping, personal hygiene, meal preparation, and other health and wellness related activities. Work available open cases within Warren County, and parts of Sussex, Hunterdon, and Morris Counties. Reliable transportation needed as travel to different sites is required. Work will be performed at service recipients' homes during evening/weekend hours if necessary.
Please send resumes to recruitment @abilitiesnw.com with "IST-III" as the subject line.
Hours: Flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends
Days: As needed
Location: Warren County, parts of Sussex, Hunterdoon, and Morris Counties
Direct Support Professional
Direct service positions providing training, assistance, support and supervision to adults with disabilities in a center based day program. Production, cleaning, projects, psycho-social, community and recreational activities are implemented to stimulate development of positive behaviors and skills while providing an enriching program atmosphere. Abilities is an EOE.
Must be 18 years or older with a HS diploma or equivalent and a valid PA/NJ driver's license with a clean driving record. Positive interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with others is required in addition to basic math, reading and writing skills. Assisting individuals served with personal care as it relates to daily living skills. Job requires prolonged standing, lifting, pushing, and pulling. .
Salary: $9.75 per hour
Hours: 8:45am-2:30pm Days: As needed Mon-Fri Status: Substitute
Location: Washington, Phillipsburg, Hackettstown
Van Drivers needed to transport Adults with developmental disabilities to and from an adult day program within Warren County.
Hours: 7am-9am and 2pm-4pm
Salary: $9.75 per hour
Location: Warren County, NJ
Qualified candidates will have a valid NJ/PA Driver's license in good standing. Preferred candidates will be CDL licensed. Candidates should have knowledge of motor vehicle laws, are willing and confident in driving in poor weather conditions, and can concentrate despite noise level in the van. The ideal candidate will also be able to maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle, as well as understand the maintenance check routine. HS Diploma or GED required for this position.
Communications/Marketing Internship Opportunity
Abilities of Northwest Jersey, Inc. is seeking a conscientious College student in their Junior or Senior year for an internship opportunity. The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills and will be required to provide a writing sample (such as an article or editorial) at the time of interview. The days/hours are flexible, between 15-20 hours per week expected. The student/intern must provide school requirements to ensure receipt of proper credits at the end of the semester.
Candidates for this opportunity must have a clear background and will be fingerprinted upon acceptance into the program. A valid NJ/PA driver's license is also required.
Please contact Debarati Kundu via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding available positions.
Abilities of Northwest Jersey, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and employs individuals based upon job qualifications regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or affectation, age, veteran or military status, marital status, national origin, disability or any other protected classification as established by applicable discrimination laws.
Abilities' primary purpose is the provision of services to individuals with different abilities. Our program services are driven by consumer needs and expectations. We pride ourselves in recruiting staff who desire to improve the employability and quality of life for people with disabilities. It is this guiding principle, which measures the quality and effectiveness of the agency mission.
Click here for the Employment Application in PDF format. Use this format if you will be manually completing and sending via regular mail or fax.
Click here for the Employment Application in Word format. Use this format if you will be completing the application on a computer. Save to your hard drive, open, update and save file as a Word document and return via e-mail.