At Abilities, we employ staff members who are dedicated, fully trained and qualified to perform all the responsibilities of working with people with different abilities.
Our team includes staff who are Certified Professionals in the following areas: Employment Specialists, Vocational Evaluation, Passenger Safety and Securement, Electronic Health Record Software Management, Operational Safety and Security, Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work, Behavior Analysis, and Human Resources.
The qualification process includes having been trained in the following: Overview of Developmental Disabilities, Abuse and Neglect, Medication Administration, First Aid, CPR, Crisis Management, and Danielle's Law. Direct Support Staff will be required to complete the Direct Support Professional training program within six months of hire. Previous experience is preferred, and a High School Diploma or GED is required for all staff positions.
ABILITIES OFFERS ITS EMPLOYEES:
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Monetary Incentives
- Opportunity for Growth
- Generous Paid Time Off (for full AND part time employees)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance (for full time employees)
Current Available Positions:
Thrift Shop Manager
Status: Full Time
BASIC FUNCTION : This position is directly responsible for the scheduling and supervising of the day to day Thrift Shop operation. Will supervise and train service recipients working in the thrift shop as well as any staff assigned. The Thrift Shop Manager is responsible for the organization of the thrift shop floor and sales.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Will comply with the agency’s Ethical Conduct Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or administration.
- Associates degree in Business Management or related field. Can substitute 5 years’ experience in retail for degree.
- Training and/or experience in business management.
- Customer Service experience and skill.
- Ability to prioritize and organize orders and overall operation of thrift shop.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Possess high standard of quality.
- Excellent training/teaching skills.
- Must be adaptable to changes pertaining to orders.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to meet physical demands dictated by work.
- Must be able to multi-task
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Thrift Shop Manager" in the Subject line.
Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
Status: Full Time, 30 Hours Weekly
Hours/Days: 9:00AM-3:00PM, Monday-Friday *Must be willing to flex hours as needed*
Pay: $10.00 Per Hour
The Administrative Assistant will coordinate front desk/lobby operations for the agency headquarters. Duties include but not limited to the following:
- Greet and direct all visitors, including vendors, clients, job candidates, case management; and customers.
- Route all incoming calls to the appropriate parties.
- Ensure completion of all paperwork, sign-in and sign-out procedures.
- Accept direction and work overflow from the Office Manager and/or Management Staff.
- High School Diploma. Proof of education will be required if extended an offer.
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record and in good standing.
- Qualified applicants will have a minimum of 1 year experience working in an office setting, reporting to multiple team members.
- Proficiency in using MS Office and Internet applications.
- Must be willing to work in any assigned work areas of Abilities facilities.
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com with "Administrative Assistant/Receptionist" in the Subject line.
Position Title: Rehabilitation Aide / Employment Specialist
Employment Status: Full-Time/ Non-Exempt-Exempt
Work Schedule: 8:30 A.M. – 4:00 P.M., Monday-Friday
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with Rehabilitation Aide as the subject line.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Rehabilitation Aide/Employment Specialist will assist in assessing individuals with disabilities employability skills and identify ways to overcome vocational barriers, and will assist case management with coordinating referrals and services.
- Coordinate referrals for Community Based Evaluations and other new development requiring community based assessment coordination.
- Work cooperatively with CVE and Supported Employment Department in coordinating consumer desired outcomes.
- Aid in the development of individual’s vocational knowledge, skills, and goal planning through case management services.
- Observe and report on quality and quantity of performance, general progress, goal attainment, vocational and/or personal needs.
- Coordinate self-advocacy activities.
- Attend trainings to advance professional competency.
- Perform other functions as they relate to the department and as assigned by Facility Case manager.
- Excellent interaction skills with service recipients
- Attention to detail, organized
- Ability to identify needs, develop goals, and rehabilitation plans
- Very good writing and communication skills
- Advocate for service recipients.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be proficient in data entry and Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record in good standing.
Bachelor’s degree in vocational rehabilitation or a related field such as Psychology, Social Work, etc., and 2 or more years of experience in a related field to include 1 year as a job coach. Completion of DVRS TWE training preferable.
Individual Support Technician III
The Individual Support Technician III (IST-III) provides and coordinates individualized care and resources to youth and others so that they may continue to live in their homes and in the community. In Home supports may include ADL training, housekeeping, personal hygiene, meal preparation, and other health and wellness related activities. Work available open cases within Warren County, and parts of Sussex, Hunterdon, and Morris Counties. Reliable transportation needed as travel to different sites is required. Work will be performed at service recipients' homes during evening/weekend hours if necessary.
Please send resumes to recruitment @abilitiesnw.com with "IST-III" as the subject line.
Hours: Flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends
Days: As needed
Location: Warren County, parts of Sussex, Hunterdoon, and Morris Counties
Direct Support Professional
Available Shift: 8:00am-3:00pm Part time hours available
Days: Weekdays (Mon-Fri)
Pay: $9.75 /hr
Locations: Warren County, NJ (Washington, Hackettstown, Phillipsburg)
Direct service positions provide training, assistance, support and supervision to adults with disabilities in a day program.
Assist individuals served with personal care as it relates to daily living skills.
- Caring, Patient & Creative
- Positive interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with others
- Basic math, reading and writing skills
- Ability to stand prolonged hours
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. push and pull
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Drivers' License with a clean driving record
Van Drivers needed to transport Adults with developmental disabilities to and from an adult day program within Warren County.
Hours: 7am-9am and 2pm-4pm
Salary: $9.75 per hour
Location: Warren County, NJ
Qualified candidates will have a valid NJ/PA Driver's license in good standing. Preferred candidates will be CDL licensed. Candidates should have knowledge of motor vehicle laws, are willing and confident in driving in poor weather conditions, and can concentrate despite noise level in the van. The ideal candidate will also be able to maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle, as well as understand the maintenance check routine. HS Diploma or GED required for this position.
Communications/Marketing Internship Opportunity
Abilities of Northwest Jersey, Inc. is seeking a conscientious College student in their Junior or Senior year for an internship opportunity. The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills and will be required to provide a writing sample (such as an article or editorial) at the time of interview. The days/hours are flexible, between 15-20 hours per week expected. The student/intern must provide school requirements to ensure receipt of proper credits at the end of the semester.
Candidates for this opportunity must have a clear background and will be fingerprinted upon acceptance into the program. A valid NJ/PA driver's license is also required.
Please contact Debarati Kundu via e-mail at email@example.com for more information regarding available positions.
Abilities of Northwest Jersey, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and employs individuals based upon job qualifications regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or affectation, age, veteran or military status, marital status, national origin, disability or any other protected classification as established by applicable discrimination laws.
Abilities' primary purpose is the provision of services to individuals with different abilities. Our program services are driven by consumer needs and expectations. We pride ourselves in recruiting staff who desire to improve the employability and quality of life for people with disabilities. It is this guiding principle, which measures the quality and effectiveness of the agency mission.
Click here for the Employment Application in PDF format. Use this format if you will be manually completing and sending via regular mail or fax.
Click here for the Employment Application in Word format. Use this format if you will be completing the application on a computer. Save to your hard drive, open, update and save file as a Word document and return via e-mail.