At Abilities, we employ staff members who are dedicated, fully trained and qualified to perform all the responsibilities of working with people with different abilities.
Our team includes staff who are Certified Professionals in the following areas: Employment Specialists, Vocational Evaluation, Passenger Safety and Securement, Electronic Health Record Software Management, Operational Safety and Security, Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work, Behavior Analysis, and Human Resources.
The qualification process includes having been trained in the following: Overview of Developmental Disabilities, Abuse and Neglect, Medication Administration, First Aid, CPR, Crisis Management, and Danielle's Law. Direct Support Staff will be required to complete the Direct Support Professional training program within six months of hire. Previous experience is preferred, and a High School Diploma or GED is required for all staff positions.
Current Available Positions:
Coordinator of Home Based Services
The Coordinator of Home-Based Services coordinates direct support and assistance for youth and adult participants, including home-based respite services and supportive living services. Services may be provided in or out of the participant’s residence, to achieve and/or maintain the outcomes of increased independence and inclusion in the community as outlined in his/her Service Plan. Supports are delivered one-on-one with a participant and may include but are not limited to: assistance with home and community activities, training on various tasks that include basic self-care, social skills, and activities of daily living and behavior supports.
The hours for this position is flexible, 35 hours per week, normally Monday - Friday. Flexibility is based on the needs of the individuals served.
The main office location is in Washington, NJ, however travel to sites of those served is mandatory. Travel will take place throughout Warren County.
The salary range for this position is $27,000 - $34,000 annually.
- Bachelor's degree. Proof of education will be required if extended an offer.
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record and in good standing.
- High proficiency in working within database programs for documentation purposes, as well as computer skills using MS Office and Internet applications.
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com with "CHBS" in the Subject line.
Employment Specialist/Job Coach
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Provide on the job training to Service Recipients who were placed which includes intensive and follow-along.
- Orient each Service Recipient to his/her respective job responsibilities.
- Orient each Service Recipient to work schedules, working conditions and employer rules and expectations.
- Arrange and assure independent travel for each placed Service Recipient.
- Assist with job development as opportunity arises and assess interest in training and employing.
- Assist in the actual performance of job tasks while reinforcing positive work habits.
- Function within the existing service delivery system to assure each consumer receives appropriate support services and training in community activities.
- Provide immediate supervision with timely submission of reports detailing placement activities.
- Perform other assignments as required by the Program Supervisor or department director including providing back up to centers as needed.
- Will comply with the agency's Ethical Conduct Policy.
- Commitment to adhering to safe and healthy practices by complying with workplace safety and health policies and procedures and reporting unsafe work conditions at job sites.
- Above average to outstanding written, verbal communication and comprehension skills.
- Willingness and desire to interact and train disabled Service Recipients.
- Strong advocacy and excellent training and coaching skills
- Ability and willingness to interact with professionals, managers, employers, case managers, residential providers and families.
- Ability to work flexible hours, holidays and weekends when a placement requires flexibility.
- Ability to drive to various job sites in multiple counties.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor's Degree in Special Education, Vocational Rehabilitation, Business or related field plus 1 year experience working with adults who are developmentally disabled is desirable. (Degree can be waived if experience is determined to be sufficient.) or 1 or more years working with developmentally adults in day programs.
- Valid drivers NJ or PA license and driving record in good standing. Must be able to use personal vehicle as necessary. Must be able to transport consumers as needed.
EXPOSURE CATEGORY: Category 2-Some exposure to Blood Borne Pathogens likely.
WORK SCHEDULE: 8:00-3:30 M-F (Must be able to periodically work weekends, holidays, evenings if placement demands coverage)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 to $12.00 /hour
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with Employment Specialist as the subject line.
The marketing specialist will be responsible for effectively marketing agency services and overseeing agency event planning. This role will generate content that can be used on all print collateral, social media, as well as on additional platforms (e.g., ANY monthly newsletter, constant contact and traditional media, etc.). Additionally the marketing specialist will tell our story through photographs and interviews, on Facebook, Twitter and other social media outlets. Most importantly the ideal candidate will enjoy finding creative and innovative ways to tell our story.
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising or communications
- Familiarity with all aspects of digital social media
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Highly organized and task oriented
- Excellent critical thinking skills
Please send resumes to email@example.com with Marketing Specialist as the subject line.
Status: Full Time, Non - Exempt
Hours: 8am-4pm, Monday thru Friday
Location: Washington. Travel required to all program locations within Warren County.
Individual Support Technician III
The Individual Support Technician III (IST-III) provides and coordinates individualized care and resources to youth and others so that they may continue to live in their homes and in the community. In Home supports may include ADL training, housekeeping, personal hygiene, meal preparation, and other health and wellness related activities. Work available open cases within Warren County, and parts of Sussex, Hunterdon, and Morris Counties. Reliable transportation needed as travel to different sites is required. Work will be performed at service recipients' homes during evening/weekend hours if necessary.
Please send resumes to recruitment @abilitiesnw.com with "IST-III" as the subject line.
Hours: Flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends
Days: As needed
Location: Warren County, parts of Sussex, Hunterdoon, and Morris Counties
Direct Support Professional
Direct service positions providing training, assistance, support and supervision to adults with disabilities in a center based day program. Production, cleaning, projects, psycho-social, community and recreational activities are implemented to stimulate development of positive behaviors and skills while providing an enriching program atmosphere. Abilities is an EOE.
Must be 18 years or older with a HS diploma or equivalent and a valid PA/NJ driver's license with a clean driving record. Positive interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with others is required in addition to basic math, reading and writing skills. Assisting individuals served with personal care as it relates to daily living skills. Job requires prolonged standing, lifting, pushing, and pulling. .
Salary: $9.75 per hour
Hours: 8:45am-2:30pm Days: As needed Mon-Fri Status: Substitute
Location: Washington, Phillipsburg, Hackettstown
Van Drivers needed to transport Adults with developmental disabilities to and from an adult day program within Warren County.
Hours: 7am-9am and 2pm-4pm
Salary: $9.75 per hour
Location: Warren County, NJ
Qualified candidates will have a valid NJ/PA Driver's license in good standing. Preferred candidates will be CDL licensed. Candidates should have knowledge of motor vehicle laws, are willing and confident in driving in poor weather conditions, and can concentrate despite noise level in the van. The ideal candidate will also be able to maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle, as well as understand the maintenance check routine. HS Diploma or GED required for this position.
Communications/Marketing Internship Opportunity
Abilities of Northwest Jersey, Inc. is seeking a conscientious College student in their Junior or Senior year for an internship opportunity. The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills and will be required to provide a writing sample (such as an article or editorial) at the time of interview. The days/hours are flexible, between 15-20 hours per week expected. The student/intern must provide school requirements to ensure receipt of proper credits at the end of the semester.
Candidates for this opportunity must have a clear background and will be fingerprinted upon acceptance into the program. A valid NJ/PA driver's license is also required.
Please contact Debarati Kundu via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding available positions.
Abilities of Northwest Jersey, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and employs individuals based upon job qualifications regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or affectation, age, veteran or military status, marital status, national origin, disability or any other protected classification as established by applicable discrimination laws.
Abilities' primary purpose is the provision of services to individuals with different abilities. Our program services are driven by consumer needs and expectations. We pride ourselves in recruiting staff who desire to improve the employability and quality of life for people with disabilities. It is this guiding principle, which measures the quality and effectiveness of the agency mission.
Click here for the Employment Application in PDF format. Use this format if you will be manually completing and sending via regular mail or fax.
Click here for the Employment Application in Word format. Use this format if you will be completing the application on a computer. Save to your hard drive, open, update and save file as a Word document and return via e-mail.