At Abilities, we employ staff members who are dedicated, fully trained and qualified to perform all the responsibilities of working with people with different abilities.
Our team includes staff who are Certified Professionals in the following areas: Employment Specialists, Vocational Evaluation, Passenger Safety and Securement, Electronic Health Record Software Management, Operational Safety and Security, Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work, Behavior Analysis, and Human Resources.
The qualification process includes having been trained in the following: Overview of Developmental Disabilities, Abuse and Neglect, Medication Administration, First Aid, CPR, Crisis Management, and Danielle's Law. Direct Support Staff will be required to complete the Direct Support Professional training program within six months of hire. Previous experience is preferred, and a High School Diploma or GED is required for all staff positions.
Current Available Positions:
Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
Status: Full Time, 30 Hours Weekly
Hours/Days: 9:00AM-3:00PM, Monday-Friday *Must be willing to flex hours as needed*
Pay: $10.00 Per Hour
The Administrative Assistant will coordinate front desk/lobby operations for the agency headquarters. Duties include but not limited to the following:
- Greet and direct all visitors, including vendors, clients, job candidates, case management; and customers.
- Route all incoming calls to the appropriate parties.
- Ensure completion of all paperwork, sign-in and sign-out procedures.
- Accept direction and work overflow from the Office Manager and/or Management Staff.
- High School Diploma. Proof of education will be required if extended an offer.
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record and in good standing.
- Qualified applicants will have a minimum of 1 year experience working in an office setting, reporting to multiple team members.
- Proficiency in using MS Office and Internet applications.
- Must be willing to work in any assigned work areas of Abilities facilities.
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com with "Administrative Assistant/Receptionist" in the Subject line.
Coordinator of Home Based Services
The Coordinator of Home-Based Services coordinates direct support and assistance for youth and adult participants, including home-based respite services and supportive living services. Services may be provided in or out of the participant’s residence, to achieve and/or maintain the outcomes of increased independence and inclusion in the community as outlined in his/her Service Plan. Supports are delivered one-on-one with a participant and may include but are not limited to: assistance with home and community activities, training on various tasks that include basic self-care, social skills, and activities of daily living and behavior supports.
The hours for this position is flexible, 35 hours per week, normally Monday - Friday. Flexibility is based on the needs of the individuals served.
The main office location is in Washington, NJ, however travel to sites of those served is mandatory. Travel will take place throughout Warren County.
The salary range for this position is $27,000 - $34,000 annually.
- Bachelor's degree. Proof of education will be required if extended an offer.
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record and in good standing.
- High proficiency in working within database programs for documentation purposes, as well as computer skills using MS Office and Internet applications.
Interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "CHBS" in the Subject line.
Position Title: Rehabilitation Aide / Employment Specialist
Employment Status: Full-Time/ Non-Exempt-Exempt
Work Schedule: 8:30 A.M. – 4:00 P.M., Monday-Friday
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Please email resumes to email@example.com with Rehabilitation Aide as the subject line.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Rehabilitation Aide/Employment Specialist will assist in assessing individuals with disabilities employability skills and identify ways to overcome vocational barriers, and will assist case management with coordinating referrals and services.
1. Coordinate referrals for Community Based Evaluations and other new development requiring community based assessment coordination.
2. Work cooperatively with CVE and Supported Employment Department in coordinating consumer desired outcomes.
3. Aid in the development of individual’s vocational knowledge, skills, and goal planning through case management services.
4. Observe and report on quality and quantity of performance, general progress, goal attainment, vocational and/or personal needs.
5. Coordinate self-advocacy activities.
6. Attend trainings to advance professional competency.
7. Perform other functions as they relate to the department and as assigned by Facility Case manager.
1. Excellent interaction skills with service recipients
2. Attention to detail, organized
3. Ability to identify needs, develop goals, and rehabilitation plans
4. Very good writing and communication skills
5. Advocate for service recipients.
6. Must be a team player.
7. Must be proficient in data entry and Microsoft Office.
8. Valid driver’s license and driving record in good standing.
Bachelor’s degree in vocational rehabilitation or a related field such as Psychology, Social Work, etc., and 2 or more years of experience in a related field to include 1 year as a job coach. Completion of DVRS TWE training preferable.
Employment Specialist/Job Coach
STATUS: Part Time
HOURS/DAYS: 20 - 28 HOURS/WEEK, FLEXIBLE DAYS (Must be able to periodically work weekends, holidays, evenings if placement demands coverage)
Salary: $11.00 to $12.00 /hour
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with Employment Specialist as the subject line.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Provide on the job training to Service Recipients who were placed which includes intensive and follow-along.
- Orient each Service Recipient to his/her respective job responsibilities.
- Orient each Service Recipient to work schedules, working conditions and employer rules and expectations.
- Arrange and assure independent travel for each placed Service Recipient.
- Assist with job development as opportunity arises and assess interest in training and employing.
- Assist in the actual performance of job tasks while reinforcing positive work habits.
- Function within the existing service delivery system to assure each consumer receives appropriate support services and training in community activities.
- Provide immediate supervision with timely submission of reports detailing placement activities.
- Perform other assignments as required by the Program Supervisor or department director including providing back up to centers as needed.
- Will comply with the agency's Ethical Conduct Policy.
- Commitment to adhering to safe and healthy practices by complying with workplace safety and health policies and procedures and reporting unsafe work conditions at job sites.
- Above average to outstanding written, verbal communication and comprehension skills.
- Willingness and desire to interact and train disabled Service Recipients.
- Strong advocacy and excellent training and coaching skills
- Ability and willingness to interact with professionals, managers, employers, case managers, residential providers and families.
- Ability to work flexible hours, holidays and weekends when a placement requires flexibility.
- Ability to drive to various job sites in multiple counties.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES:
- AA Degree in Human Services or rehabilation related field from and accredited college OR three years of related experience.
- Valid drivers NJ or PA license and driving record in good standing. Must be able to use personal vehicle as necessary. Must be able to transport consumers as needed.
Individual Support Technician III
The Individual Support Technician III (IST-III) provides and coordinates individualized care and resources to youth and others so that they may continue to live in their homes and in the community. In Home supports may include ADL training, housekeeping, personal hygiene, meal preparation, and other health and wellness related activities. Work available open cases within Warren County, and parts of Sussex, Hunterdon, and Morris Counties. Reliable transportation needed as travel to different sites is required. Work will be performed at service recipients' homes during evening/weekend hours if necessary.
Please send resumes to recruitment @abilitiesnw.com with "IST-III" as the subject line.
Hours: Flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends
Days: As needed
Location: Warren County, parts of Sussex, Hunterdoon, and Morris Counties
Direct Support Professional
Direct service positions providing training, assistance, support and supervision to adults with disabilities in a center based day program. Production, cleaning, projects, psycho-social, community and recreational activities are implemented to stimulate development of positive behaviors and skills while providing an enriching program atmosphere. Abilities is an EOE.
Must be 18 years or older with a HS diploma or equivalent and a valid PA/NJ driver's license with a clean driving record. Positive interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with others is required in addition to basic math, reading and writing skills. Assisting individuals served with personal care as it relates to daily living skills. Job requires prolonged standing, lifting, pushing, and pulling. .
Salary: $9.75 per hour
Hours: 8:45am-2:30pm Days: As needed Mon-Fri Status: Substitute
Location: Washington, Phillipsburg, Hackettstown
Van Drivers needed to transport Adults with developmental disabilities to and from an adult day program within Warren County.
Hours: 7am-9am and 2pm-4pm
Salary: $9.75 per hour
Location: Warren County, NJ
Qualified candidates will have a valid NJ/PA Driver's license in good standing. Preferred candidates will be CDL licensed. Candidates should have knowledge of motor vehicle laws, are willing and confident in driving in poor weather conditions, and can concentrate despite noise level in the van. The ideal candidate will also be able to maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle, as well as understand the maintenance check routine. HS Diploma or GED required for this position.
Communications/Marketing Internship Opportunity
Abilities of Northwest Jersey, Inc. is seeking a conscientious College student in their Junior or Senior year for an internship opportunity. The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills and will be required to provide a writing sample (such as an article or editorial) at the time of interview. The days/hours are flexible, between 15-20 hours per week expected. The student/intern must provide school requirements to ensure receipt of proper credits at the end of the semester.
Candidates for this opportunity must have a clear background and will be fingerprinted upon acceptance into the program. A valid NJ/PA driver's license is also required.
Please contact Debarati Kundu via e-mail at email@example.com for more information regarding available positions.
Abilities of Northwest Jersey, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and employs individuals based upon job qualifications regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or affectation, age, veteran or military status, marital status, national origin, disability or any other protected classification as established by applicable discrimination laws.
Abilities' primary purpose is the provision of services to individuals with different abilities. Our program services are driven by consumer needs and expectations. We pride ourselves in recruiting staff who desire to improve the employability and quality of life for people with disabilities. It is this guiding principle, which measures the quality and effectiveness of the agency mission.
Click here for the Employment Application in PDF format. Use this format if you will be manually completing and sending via regular mail or fax.
Click here for the Employment Application in Word format. Use this format if you will be completing the application on a computer. Save to your hard drive, open, update and save file as a Word document and return via e-mail.